Monday, May 25, 2015

A New Perspective

I often write about my flaws and things I know about myself that I want to change. I periodically reassess and try to evaluate whether I've made much progess (sometimes I have to hang my head and whisper to myself, "if any"). One of my main goals lately has been to adopt a positive perspective. I question whether a comment or circumstance is worth truly worrying about and try to nip the "stressed out" status in the bud, allowing me cushion time to better filter and categorize what situations actually warrant my worry and concern. I've said stuff like this before; everything makes me jump around like a rabbit late for a very important date. I need to cut that out. It's a terrible way to live. 

Progress report: I think I'm doing and going to be okay. 

I met a guy today. He's bubbly and outgoing. He's always cracking jokes and laughing and complimenting whoever he speaks to. Even when someone is angry with him or a situation, he's empathetic and just does his best. He seems to operate on a "this is the present" mentality. No dwelling on the future or the past. All he has is what he currently has in front of him, and he tackles it with a "can-do" attitude. If something doesn't work perfectly, he doesn't get upset. He keeps smiling and keeps going.

I was in awe. I still am. I know I'm made of the same stuff as him and that I can eventually handle my life and interactions in the same way; it just never seems easy when you're on the other side. 

One situation, one conversation, one event at a time.. that's how I'm learning to be a little more care-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment